Type 301 – P40 – 6 3/4″ Hakata Knife
P40- 6 3/4″ Hakata Knife designed by F.A. Porsche
The handle of the CHROMA type 301 – Design by F.A. Porsche is constructed of stainless steel, and the blade is made of high-quality Japanese 301 steel. The blade of each knife is carefully razorsharp sharpened by the hand of a master.
The advantages Type 301 are:
- An ergonomic handle – designed by F.A. Porsche working with the chef of the decade, Jörg Wörther
- A metal “pearl” that clearly demarcates the end of the handle, for better control when cutting
- A seamless perfection and hygienic transition from blade to handle
- A special grinding method is used, so the knife stays sharp longer and is easier to sharpen
- That it is beloved by famous gourmet chefs
- The out of the box sharpness is one of the best in the industry
Note the following instructions to insure the knife remains in optimal condition for years to come:
- Never place the knife in the dishwasher. Hand wash and dry after every use.
- Regularly sharpen the knife using the original Type 301 whetstone. Under no circumstances should a sharpening steel be used, as it will damage the blade.
- Store the knife in a safe, secure manner, for example, in a knife block so the blade is not left exposed.
- Only use wooden or plastic cutting boards, never marble or glass when cutting with a Type 301.
- Only use the knife to prepare food. Do not use it to cut frozen foods, bones, or as a utility knife.
All Content of this site Copyright © 2001-2021 Chroma Cutlery, Inc. All rights reserved